Sparks Team AMSOIL Training Call for October 8th 2012.
This week we discuss what to do after you sponsor an account.
We talked about the 10 things to do when sponsoring a new dealer.
- Welcome the new dealer
- Offer assistance
- Stress the importance of T-1 and getting started
- Help with initial order of products. If they are not currently using AMSOIL help them get AMSOIL in their vehicles and equipment.
- Offer a follow up time. I try to call at least once a week. Some dealers won’t call because they feel like they are bothering. I always stress it’s a not a bother and there is no such thing as a dumb question.
- Send new dealers to the dealer training sight, and let them know about the training calls.
- Offer assistance getting website. The AMSOIL lubedealer.com is the best option for lower cost $20 a year or free if you have the premium dealers zone.
- Include the new dealer in your email campaign (you have an email campaign right?) If not check out mailchimp.com
- I send out cards in the mail welcoming new dealers and explaining how to get started. I do this with all dealers in our team. When I got started in AMSOIL I had no clue who my upline was and how to get in touch with them. Also when I got started there were very few training tools (basically the Business manual and T-1 were it)
- If your dealer is local, offer to meet with or even do some events with them. This is an important part of the training process. Doing and event they will see what you do and hear what you say. They will learn faster that way.
Some things we discussed when sponsoring new Commercial and Retail on the Shelf (ROTS) accounts
New Commercial and ROTS accounts.
Remember, people buy from those they Know Like and Trust. Your goal is to build on that motto.
- If I register the account at a show they get the C/R packet mailed to them by me. I do not hand them that packet at the show. Once they are registered, I wait to get their account number then I include that along with literature they requested in the packet.
- If they are registered local I bring the packet with me and leave it with them. I never leave the account application, price list or the packet with them unless they regsiter. When they are ready to register then they get it, not until then. If they want to look at prices, I will email the wholesale price list to them or better yet do a quote for the products they are interested in. You can do this in the dealers zone by using the EZ dealer order form and when you total the order the “generate quote” will appear. You can then choose the type of customer Dealer, Catalog or Retail or Commercial or ROTS. Then save that as a pdf.
- If I register the account online via the online C/R form. Then AMSOIL sends them the packet. Not much you can do with that. Just go on to the next steps.
- Next I do a follow up call. I want to see if there are questions and I always ask for an order. If they are not ready for an order I will ask what it will take for them to be. More info, testimonials, do they need to wait until their oil change is due etc. Then I will make a note and get working on that.
- Then send a nice to meet you card and that I’m looking forward to doing business with them.
- Add them to your contact manager. I have my contact manager setup by groups. I also include their account number somewhere in the contact manager. I’ve had numerous calls and they didn’t know or couldn’t find their account number.
- Add them to your customer email list. You have a customer email list right? See the mail chimp for that.
- Offer to help them place orders and offer for them to log into the customer zone. This is where they can place orders, look up past orders, add their vehicles and equipment to their My Garage.
- On to My AMSOIL Garage. And I haven’t done this but I need too. Add your customers to your my garage. Then setup an email reminder at least to change their oil. The will get an email from “amsoil” not you reminding them of their oil change is due. You can add other services as well. What about a PI treatment every 4 months or some other service?
- After you get an order from your customer, be sure to follow up. Did they get the order?
- Send them a thank you card. There are two ways to do this. You can do it on a weekly or monthly basis. Use the personally sponsored customers’ orders in the reports section of the dealers zone. Or what I do is once I get my AMSOIL commission check, I print out the order detail report (only available if you have the premium) and send my thank you’s based on that.
Remember it’s building a long term relationship with these customers. They are not only buying from AMSOIL they are buying from you.
Enjoy the Training Call by clicking the player below or downloading it to listen later.